An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic and disciplined Finance Manager to join the growing team at Optiver Singapore. This role will partner with the Trading, Technology and Control teams to ensure the Financial Control agenda is supported and aligned to the organisational wide strategy. This role will be reporting to the Senior Finance Manager based in Singapore.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is global electronic market maker. We use our own capital, at our own risk, to trade on major financial markets around the world, 24 hours a day. We aim to always provide prices for a wide range of products including listed derivatives, equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange. As such, we have no clients but provide liquidity services to the financial markets on which we trade. We do this by developing our own trading strategies and systems, using originally developed code and cutting-edge technology.
Optiver Asia Pacific represents one of three business units of the Optiver group (the others being Europe and the US). The Asia Pacific business unit includes the following locations: Sydney (regional headquarters); Hong Kong; Shanghai; Singapore and Taipei. The business in Singapore is newly created and deemed to be an integral part of the APAC strategy over the coming years with anticipation of significant growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a Finance Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensuring all internal and external financial reporting and filings for all Optiver’s legal entities are completed accurately, timely and are fully understood in the context of the business’s operations.
- Managing the tax accounting aspects of these entities in partnership with the Tax team (including income tax, GST, transfer pricing).
- Designing management reports and working with the business to build valuable forecasts and budgets.
- Managing treasury operations for the business, ensuring robust cash and capital forecasting, non-trading FX management, optimising cash return / liquidity while maintaining a high standard of control and accuracy.
- Driving various technology transformations through to smaller process efficiencies. Partnering with other Control teams and global offices to ensure initiatives are best practice and fit for purpose.
- Building and developing the future Finance team, focused on delivering results against ambitious and value driven goals.
- Helping to further enhance the Control Framework across Finance to ensure risks are identified, mitigated, and controlled
- Involvement in the Middle Office operations i.e. reporting of daily P&L, trade reconciliations, valuation control etc.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Optiver needs our next Finance Manager to be someone with:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a finance and accounting role, with background in financial institution (banks, hedge funds, trading firms, etc)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce or Business.
- Singapore Chartered Accountant or international equivalent.
- Detailed technical accounting, statutory reporting, regulatory capital and taxation rule comprehension with experience in advisory and implementation.
- Strong attention to detail with experience in operational activities
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, with the ability to package information in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills.
- Proven ability to influence a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Proven experience in automation tooling, keeping abreast of the latest technological innovations in their field.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- We offer competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Corporate health insurance
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals and Permanent Residents to apply. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process, we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.