DSP Engineer – Digital Modem Engineer
Joining Optiver as a DSP Engineer you’ll work with our engineers to develop, test, and implement modems and signal processing techniques to fundamentally improve our worldwide low latency network.
You will join our Special Projects team which brings infrastructure innovation and standardization into scalable production. This team is responsible for keeping Optiver leading the market by working on cutting-edge challenges and optimizing highly performant systems, software and infrastructure connecting to various financial exchanges around the world.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a leading global trading firm powered by technical innovation. For 35+ years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With our focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we're trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions. To be not only active, but also precise, across such a volume of markets and products is a hugely complex challenge – which is exactly what we thrive on. Are you someone who embraces constant innovation and strategic thinking in the pursuit of excellence? Learn more about Optiver's mission and opportunities at the link below. Our roots are in Amsterdam where we started in 1986. Optiver Europe trades out of Amsterdam and is active on all major European equities and derivatives exchanges as well as exchanges in APAC, US, and Brazil.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As a DSP engineer, your role would involve the development of innovative algorithms and architectures which enhance the signal processing capabilities of our worldwide telecommunications systems. Design systems and algorithms for signal modulation and demodulation, message encoding and decoding under a variety of challenging channel conditions. Develop and research building blocks for digital wireless telecommunication systems, using channel filters, equalizers, PLLs, synchronization and control loops, sample rate converters, etc. Design, simulate, implement, and port algorithms from MatLab to C, DSP, and/or FPGA platforms.
WHO YOU ARE:
Optiver needs our DSP Engineer to have an excellent grasp of modem development, build and implementation with a deep knowledge of signal processing fundamentals. You will relate to most of the following:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, or a similar field;
- 3+ years’ experience in the Digital Modem Engineering domain or related systems experience;
- Experience with Matlab, C and Python;
- Knowledge of digital filter design;
- Experience modeling RF channels; including fading, multipath, noise, and distortion;
- Adaptive equalization techniques;
- Ability/desire to travel when required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of applied mathematics;
- Knowledge of RF hardware systems and testing equipment;
Extra points for:
- Experience with various modulation techniques, such as QAM, APSK, GMSK, FSK and OFDM;
- Prior experience developing real-time embedded software;
- Familiarity with various DSP platforms and evaluation kits;
- Familiarity with software defined radio;
- Experience with Schematic Entry and PCB Layout tools;
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 countries;
- Great secondary benefits including 25 paid vacation days, and 30 days from your 2nd year;
- Fully paid first-class commuting expenses
- Training, mentorship and personal and professional development opportunities
- Discounts on health insurance, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner facilities
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks.
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading environments in Europe, please apply via the form below. While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to write your CV and motivation letter in English. In the event of questions, feel free to contact Recruitment team at [email protected]
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable accommodations during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.