Enterprise Technology Programme Manager
Optiver are overhauling their enterprise architecture and aligning our global technology landscape and are looking for Project and Programme Managers to steer our business through across a group of transformational, business critical projects.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
As the Enterprise Technology Project or Programme Manager at Optiver, your challenge is to guide our business through project planning, management and delivery while collaborating with teams across the technology, trading and business space as well as external stakeholders. You'll have a strong focus on identifying and clearing potential blockers, building effective working relationships across the organization, and working with the project team to create project standards and tooling. Some other responsibilities will include:
- Deliver high impact Change / Transformation projects, primarily focused on Enterprise Technology Initiatives;
- Drive rapid, quality project delivery that is in scope, on time and on budget;
- Work closely with the business to review how we can better support the ever-growing list of new business initiatives and the associated business change management;
- Be an integral part of a fast-paced global team supporting users on a wide range of solutions and projects;
- Combine your knowledge of project management and/or programme management with a problem-solving mindset to respond to business needs and independently work on improvement opportunities;
- Projects range from new flexible end-user managed solutions, roll out of global enterprise applications, to new products to support our expanding business operations.
Who you are:
To qualify for this highly visible and impactful role you will need to have:
- A background in enterprise technology, preferably with integration experience, change management or engineering;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with various programme/project management frameworks and methodologies, and an understanding of when they are suitable;
- A substantial track record of successfully leading IT delivery projects such as IT transformation or packaged software implementations/migrations;
- Experience coordinating and working in globally distributed teams;
- Experience in matrixed organizations;
- Ability to influence and build trusted relationships with stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to introduce and improve project management practices that optimize delivery;
- Experience with involving external vendors and partners in delivering high impact projects;
- Be a self-starter: comfortable navigating through ambiguity in the relentless pursuit of progress.
What you’ll get:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How to apply:
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Enterprise Technology Programme Manager. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter, Alex Lawless, via [email protected] Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable accommodations during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.