System Support Engineering Lead
The Enterprise Support team at Optiver focuses on IT systems and applications that allow users to perform their daily work. We firmly believe and work towards finding the right blend of functionality for our users and manageability for administrators. To that end, the person we seek will revel in finding that balance, and running systems that consistently work, and work well.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You’ll lead a fast-paced operations team on the front lines of support, with the following responsibilities, we don’t expect you to have experience in every single point mentioned here, we do expect you want to learn about these:
- Act as a primary point of contact for general enterprise IT questions or assistance
- Provide support for enterprise applications, like Zoom, Slack, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Some focus on automating and solid scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell and/or Python)
- Manage and maintain the hardware on our trading desks
- Manage our phones, printers and video conferencing equipment (you’ll work together with our engineering teams in order to find the best solution)
- Analyze and recommend enterprise IT solutions for user facing technologies
- Coordinate with other IT engineering teams to execute on service delivery (building windows desktop hosts, providing remote access to our systems, etc.)
WHO YOU ARE:
- Experienced in troubleshooting IT support issues
- Passionate for problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Have a strong desire to learn about a wide scope of technologies
- Attentive to detail and cleanliness
- Have an understanding of change control processes
- Have a strong documentation mentality
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of System Support Engineering Lead. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Theo Schneider via [email protected]
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.