Site Reliability Engineer (Enterprise)
The Enterprise Technology team at Optiver focuses on IT systems and applications that enable users to perform their daily work. We firmly believe and work towards finding the right blend of functionality for our users and manageability for administrators. To that end, the person we seek will revel in finding that balance, and running systems that consistently work, and work well.
Who we are
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
- Work with an established and experienced team to build best in class solutions using solid engineering principles
- Automate build, configuration, deployment and administration tasks using scripting tools such as Python and PowerShell
- Communicate and collaborate with business users and technology teams
- Deploy, monitor, and configure windows infrastructure
- Recommend and implement system improvements
What you’ll need:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft infrastructure: Windows Server, Desktop OS, Exchange and SQL Server
- Ideally you'll have excellent scripting skills in PowerShell, Python or similar but at a minimum you will have some ability to write scripts in Python and be willing to develop your skills further
- Have an innate ability to breakdown complex problems and make sound engineering decisions in a self-directed environment
- Enjoy constant improvement and ability to embrace feedback in a no-blame environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or related engineering or science curriculum
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
What you’ll get
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.