Optiver is one of the most reputable and innovative market makers in world. We deal with hundreds of thousands of interconnected financial products – all competitively and accurately priced, as well as cutting-edge systems that allow you to seize opportunities in a nanosecond.
In order to remain competitive and stay true to our desire to continuously improve, we are looking to hire a Chief of Staff to work closely with our Head of Trading. The Chief of Staff will ensure that we stay on top of key strategic and operational initiatives on our trading floor and will bring best in class process and rigour.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Chief of Staff will be involved in a variety of projects linked to trading activities with the goal of optimising Optiver’s way of working. We want to invest in a hands-on Chief of Staff who can help bring more structure and clarity to our bustling trading floor.
Here are some of the key elements of the role:
- Working closely with the Head of Trading and the Trading Team Leads
- Coordinating business initiatives
- Managing projects
- Adding structure and rigour to the wider team
- Acting as a trusted advisor and sparring partner to the trading leadership
- Supporting the Head of Trading and Trading Team Leads with solving key challenges
- Ensuring cross-departmental projects are delivered to meet expected impact within planned timeline
- Acting as a point of contact to ensure vision/strategy/direction is clear to all relevant stakeholders
WHO YOU ARE:
Optiver needs our Chief of Staff to be someone with:
- An academic degree in any field of study
- 5-10 years of professional experience
- Experience at a top-tier consulting firm is strongly preferred
- Excellent project management skills
- Organized, structured, and process driven approach
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with the whole organization
- Proactive problem-solving nature
- Hands-on mindset and can-do attitude
- Ability to work with the organization in a peer-to-peer fashion, be effective also without formal hierarchy (there is no team dedicated to supporting this role)
- Aim for excellence: you have a competitive hunger to perform at your very best and constantly push your limits
- Team-playing spirit: you are collaborative but do not need to be micro-managed
- Industry knowledge or experience in financial markets is a plus
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The chance to work together with the best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
In addition you’ll get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Chief of Staff to the Head of Trading. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you’ll hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Eleni Katzilieri at [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.