Enterprise Technology Program Manager
Optiver are overhauling their enterprise architecture and aligning our global technology landscape and are looking for Enterprise Project and Program Managers to steer our business through across a group of transformational business critical projects.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
As the Enterprise Technology Project or Program Manager at Optiver, your challenge is to guide our business through project planning, management and delivery while collaborating with teams across the technology, trading and business space as well as external stakeholders. You'll have a strong focus on identifying and clearing potential blockers, building effective working relationships across the organization, and working with the project team to create project standards and tooling. Some other responsibilities will include:
- Deliver high impact Change / Transformation projects, primarily focused on Enterprise Technology Initiatives;
- Drive rapid, quality project delivery that is in scope, on time and on budget;
- Work closely with the business to review how we can better support the ever-growing list of new business initiatives and the associated business change management;
- Be an integral part of a fast-paced global team supporting users on a wide range of solutions and projects;
- Combine your knowledge of project management and/or program management with a problem-solving mindset to respond to business needs and independently work on improvement opportunities;
- Projects range from new flexible end-user managed solutions, roll out of global enterprise applications, to new products to support our expanding business operations.
Who you are:
To qualify for this highly visible and impactful role you will need to have:
- A background in enterprise technology, preferably with integration experience, change management or engineering;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with various program/project management frameworks and methodologies, and an understanding of when they are suitable;
- A substantial track record of successfully leading IT delivery projects such as IT transformation or packaged software implementations/migrations;
- Experience coordinating and working in globally distributed teams;
- Experience in matrixed organizations;
- Ability to influence and build trusted relationships with stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to introduce and improve project management practices that optimize delivery;
- Experience with involving external vendors and partners in delivering high impact projects;
- Be a self-starter: comfortable navigating through ambiguity in the relentless pursuit of progress.
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this, you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.