Enterprise IT Project Manager
Do you enjoy managing projects in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment? This is your opportunity to innovate and deliver projects that will directly impact Optiver’s cutting-edge trading systems. Everyday, you'll work alongside the best developers and traders in the industry, with the humility to continually challenge yourself to improve and grow.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. Established in 1996, we're an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, and act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As the Enterprise IT Project Manager at Optiver, your challenge is to guide our business through project planning, management and delivery while collaborating with teams across the technology, trading and business space as well as external stakeholders. You'll have a strong focus on identifying and clearing potential blockers, building effective working relationships across the organisation, and working with the project team to create project standards and tooling. Some other responsibilities will include:
- Deliver high impact Change / Transformation projects, primarily focused on Enterprise IT Initiatives.
- Drive rapid, quality project delivery that is in scope, on time and on budget.
- Work closely with the business to review how we can better support the ever-growing list of new business initiatives and the associated business change management.
- Be part of an agile and fast-paced TechOps team based in Sydney supporting users globally on a wide range of solutions and projects.
- Combine your knowledge of project management and/or program management with a problem-solving mindset to respond to business needs and independently work on improvement opportunities.
Projects range from new flexible end user managed solutions, roll out of global enterprise applications to new products to support our expanding business operations.
WHO YOU ARE
Optiver needs our next Enterprise IT Project Manager to be someone with:
- A background in IT is required, preferably in integration experience, change management or engineering.
- 5+ years experience in successfully delivering IT transformation projects, spanning offices in multiple countries, preferably in capital markets or financial industry.
- Substantial experience in successfully delivering projects, including understanding of different methodologies and when to apply them.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver programs or projects that span multiple departments and teams with significant uncertainty.
- Ability to influence and build trusted relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to introduce and improve project management practices that optimise delivery.
- Experienced in involving external vendors and partners in delivering high impact projects.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment.
- We offer competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements.
- Training, mentorship, and personal development opportunities.
- Gym membership plus weekly chair massages.
- Daily breakfast and lunch, plus an in-house barista.
- Regular social events including an annual company trip.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued, and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.