Linux Systems Engineer
Our Linux Team ensures our trading servers work so we can trade. You will work in a highly-customized environment where proprietary tools and technology run. You will be expected to help build the pioneering tools to keep our systems best-in-class while enabling our technology evolution in a controlled way.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
With major tech companies calling Austin home, the city is a natural complement to Optiver’s Chicago office, and a fitting location from which to pursue new and exciting opportunities in the US market. Located in “The Domain” neighborhood, Optiver Austin focuses on quantitative research, engineering initiatives and cutting-edge technology. Since 2021, the newly-christened “Silicon Hills” has also served as the location for our Delta-One trading team, which focuses on machine learning-based algorithmic trading.
What you’ll do:
Our Linux Systems Engineers are instrumental in ensuring that our production environment works optimally by deploying, maintaining, monitoring and operating a fleet of predominantly bare-metal UNIX servers.
- Tackle the life cycle of a server and build and deploy new solutions
- Performance monitoring and managing the system capacity
- Fix and analyze technical incidents, solve technical ad hoc problems
- Lead our charge to intelligent automation
- Be the connection between hardware and software
- Research new technologies and solutions, implement them or build better
Who you are:
- A Linux Engineer with a programming mindset to help build the right tools for our continual improvement
- A minimum of 5 years experience designing, deploying and supporting large scale Linux/Unix server environments
- Experience within a high-performance computer environment where the result matters
- Some focus on automating and solid Python scripting skills
- Infrastructure-as-Code using Ansible
- Knowledge of virtualization and networking, experience with cloud providers as AWS or Azure preferred
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- High attention to detail coupled with strong communication skills
- The ability to multitask and handle priorities in collaboration with other teams
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this, you will get great other benefits, such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully-paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.