Our Office Operations team is seeking a Receptionist provide a welcoming experience to employees and guests alike. In this role, you will maintain a physical presence at Optiver’s Reception entrance during business hours and get to know our population well as you provide support in a variety of helpful ways. Our Reception desk is a hub of activity! If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy being the go-to person, this is the position for you. This role will handle Reception operations between the hours of 7:30 am – 3:30 pm with support from the Office Administrator and the Office Operations team.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
- Autonomously operate the reception desk by answering phones, greeting visitors, vendors and interview candidates, and maintaining visitor logs
- Provide a professional and welcoming environment in reception area and elevator lobby
- Be an oracle of knowledge! Appropriately respond to and escalate requests via multiple platforms, providing first-class customer service to employees and guests
- Support access control and security system operations, including programming and revoking access badges, liaising with building security, security camera monitoring and footage review, data entry and reporting
- Utilize multiple carriers for incoming/outgoing shipments ranging in size from paper documents to multi-piece computer equipment and communicate shipment information accordingly
- Wear multiple hats – provide ad-hoc support for the Office Operations team and collaborative efforts as a firm
Who you are:
- Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with multiple overlapping priorities, and superb organizational skills
- Proficiency with Outlook and Microsoft suite, ability to quickly learn and utilize new systems
- Familiarity with JIRA or other Atlassian products and work order ticketing systems
- Prior experience in an administrative role or corporate office setting supporting 300+ employees is a plus
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
What you’ll get:
The Office Operations team is responsible for the fun and exciting aspects of the office environment, and you’ll get to preview our initiatives and provide support as we roll them out. You’ll be a champion for our daily catering, onsite massages, coffee bar, and more.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.