FX Options Trader
At Optiver, we seek to continuously improve our approach to pricing, execution and risk management. We believe that the rigor with which we approach these problems is a source of competitive edge. We have an appetite to diversify and improve and are always looking for great new talent to bring fresh ideas and perspectives to our trading team. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a FX Options Trader to join our growing team in London.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
As one of the world’s major financial centres, London was selected as the home of Optiver’s FX trading business, our UK-focused Institutional Trading Team and rapidly growing commodities trading arm. Optiver UK is located in a city that bridges European, Asian and American time zones, connecting our regional offices and embracing a truly global mindset. With more than 270 nationalities and 300 languages, London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, and is home to some of the best museums, a thriving international restaurant scene and bustling high streets that attract people from all over the globe.
What you’ll do:
As an experienced FX Options Trader you will have the chance to play key role in continuing to grow Optiver's FX business. As well as increasing trading volumes in established markets, you will play a part in helping steer the trading desks' evolution and growth into new markets. Specifically you will:
- Market make vanilla FX Options, both listed and OTC, in European and US markets
- Work with other traders, researchers and developers to improve trading performance
- Use your statistical analysis and data mining skills to improve existing models and create new ones.
- Work on projects ranging from in-depth event analysis to price prediction algorithms
- Leverage and contribute to our in-house built libraries and comprehensive market datasets.
- Effectively risk manage the portfolio of positions
- Be a subject matter expert in your given market and asset class.
- Drive continuous improvement
Who you are:
- Experience market making vanilla FX Options
- Significant trading experience at a market maker / prop trading firm or global top tier bank / hedge fund
- Trading experience ideally focused on European and/or US markets
- Track record of strong intraday trading performance
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the market and an understanding of how markets function and the opportunities present
- Strong and responsible risk appetite
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Passion for trading, and a strong desire to continuously improve
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Deep understanding of rules and regulations governing the markets we trade.
What you’ll get:
At Optiver UK, you will be part of a well-established and high-performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grow, the opportunity to make a global impact and take your career to a new level expands with it. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration;
- 27 paid vacation days (plus UK public holidays);
- Daily onsite breakfast and lunch;
- Paid commuting expenses (home to office);
- 50% paid gym subscription;
- Private medical insurance;
- Pension scheme;
- Training, conference attendance and continuous learning opportunities;
- International transfer opportunities.
How to apply:
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Should there be a potential match, a member of our team will reach out sooner rather than later. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.