Capital & Credit Risk Analyst
Are you ready to start your career in the field of Capital and Credit Risk Management within a fast-paced, dynamic and international trading company? Do you have an interest in financial markets and would like to explore it from the inside? Would you like to apply your strong technical and analytical skills to improve our low-latency risk framework? If the thought of early responsibility and fast career progression in a truly dynamic environment excites you, then you might be the new Capital & Credit Risk Analyst we’re looking for.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You will start with following a comprehensive training on the fundamentals of trading: theory, markets, strategies and cutting-edge technology. After completing this training program, you will become part of the Trading Risk Management team located on the trading floor. Here you will focus on two key risk aspects for Optiver, namely capital requirements and credit risk.
On the capital side, you will focus on what drives Optiver’s regulatory, clearing and margin requirements. You will dive into models designed by regulators, clearers and exchanges to break down what positions drive Optiver’s requirements. You will design and implement metrics to get clear insights into contributions from trading desks to the different requirements, and how requirements could best be managed if necessary.
On the credit risk side, you will be responsible for onboarding and review of our fast-growing number of trading counterparties. You will develop risk frameworks and set limits in close alignment with Trading and other departments. To support the growth of the business, you will assess any new credit risks Optiver might face as new business initiatives arise.
Other key tasks of the Capital & Credit Risk Analyst include:
- Monitoring regulatory, clearing and margin requirements and anticipating how they will change based on Optiver’s fast changing positions
- Designing and implementing capital allocation and contribution models
- Following financial markets and assessing how Optiver’s counterparties change in creditworthiness
- Actively contributing to the continuous improvement of the risk framework
- Review Exchange Traded Products using issuer and prospectus data
- Contribute daily to ensuring that the Risk Management team stays up to date with new developments in the risk arena
WHO YOU ARE:
Optiver’s next Capital & Credit Risk Analyst is someone with:
- A keen interest in financial markets
- A proactive character and a natural curiosity
- An academic degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics, Finance, Physics or equivalent
- 0-3 years of experience in a similar role and sector
- A strong set of analytical and problem-solving skills
- A Growth mindset being able to admit mistakes, accept feedback and use this to better yourself
- A strong affinity for technology and data handling where experience with SQL and Python would be considered a distinct plus
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries
- 25 paid vacation days
- Fully paid first-class commuting expenses
And many more like training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in furthering your career in one of the most dynamic and exciting trading companies?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Capital & Credit Risk Analyst. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Sophia de Rosnay [email protected] Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.