Optiver are looking for a skilled Python Developer to design, develop and implement solutions for our Trading teams in Amsterdam and globally. The successful Engineer will bring a strong technical capability as well as an approach that will enable them to integrate with our high-paced trading teams, to disseminate requirements and create innovative visualizations and tooling on the Trading Floor.
WHO WE ARE:
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You will work on creating and maintaining data visualizations and UI applications that are used by traders to form decisions and to interact with other Optiver systems.
The goal of the team is to provide users with highly responsive, flexible and reliable tools that can be used to monitor the state of global financial markets and to control our internal strategies. The impact of the work you will do spans across multiple different teams and levels of the organization. Apart from creating user interfaces and their backends, the UX team also owns and develops internal frameworks and standards describing how to create user interfaces within the company.
As a Python Developer within the UX team you can expect to:
- Create web based data visualizations
- Work closely with traders, developers and other stakeholders to discover requirements and design solutions
- Design and build data processing pipelines used during data pre-processing stages
- Contribute to the UI framework and ecosystem used across multiple teams within the company
- Be involved in a very short feedback loop and see you products having actual impact on daily work of their users
- Work on data and UI optimization problems
- Help members of other teams create and optimize data visualizations
WHO YOU ARE:
Trading applications need to be reliable and robust, therefore we look for developers with a strong engineering mindset that can work in a highly dynamic environment while creating simple and solid solutions. Those solutions must integrate well with the broad ecosystem of Optiver data sources and backend services.
In terms of skills and qualifications we're looking for:
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Experience with creating data visualizations and user interfaces
- Experience with creating web applications and working with distributed systems
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving mindset
- Eagerness to learn(including financial and trading knowledge)
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in Europe, please apply via the form below. While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to write your CV and motivation letter in English. We’re eager to learn all about your background and interests, which means applications lacking a motivation letter sadly will not be reviewed. But if we think you could be a good fit, you’ll hear from us sooner than you might expect!
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.