Trading Analyst (Equity)
Are you interested in financial markets and computer programming? Do you enjoy analysis and building tools? If you like the idea of working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, then you might be the next Trading Analyst at Optiver!
We are looking for an experienced and talented Trading Analyst to work in our Equity trading team. You will work closely with trading and research teams to analyse the markets we trade and the strategies we use to generate innovate trading ideas. In addition, you will build tools and systems to evolve the trading and operations of the Equity trading team.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world. Set against the backdrop of one of the world’s most liveable cities, life at Optiver Sydney offers unlimited access to world-class activities. We’re surrounded by a plethora of bars, restaurants, cafes, shops, gyms and more. And with picturesque beaches and national parks right on our doorstep, there’s always something new to discover.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Real time trade administration and necessary reporting
- Analysis and reporting of trading operation (KPIs)
- Analysis of trading, pricing, and execution to complement our core research teams
- Analysis of our trading strategies from a positional point of view
- Designing and building our tooling and automation for traders via Excel & Scripting APIs
- Working with other departments to improve trading operations efficiencies.
- Working with 3rd parties on direct trading operations and administration
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3+ years’ experience in an equivalent role highly desirable
- A strong quantitative background (a degree in math, science, technology, actuarial studies, or finance)
- Proficient in Python, SQL, and Excel/VBA
- Strong numerical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A demonstrated passion for trading
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship, and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued, and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.