Equity Analyst (Korea)
Are you interested in Equity Research? Do you have an analytical mind and excellent quantitative skills? Does pricing and trading equity derivatives sound exciting to you?
If so, you might be the perfect fit for our Equity team. We are looking for a talented Equity Analyst to provide real-time news analysis and fundamental research on industries and companies in Korea. You will be collaborating closely with other Analysts and Traders to help generate timely trade ideas with a focus on Korean equities. Are you ready?
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world. Set against the backdrop of one of the world’s most liveable cities, life at Optiver Sydney offers unlimited access to world-class activities. We’re surrounded by a plethora of bars, restaurants, cafes, shops, gyms and more. And with picturesque beaches and national parks right on our doorstep, there’s always something new to discover.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Supporting data gathering, analysis, interpretation, and visualisation efforts for fundamental-analysis projects
- Providing real-time news monitoring and fundamental research on industries and companies
- Communicating with listed companies for operation updates from time to time
- Additional capacity in news-reading and analysis, contributing to morning meetings, writing morning/weekly wraps
- Additional bandwidth in generating timely trade ideas
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably economics, finance, science / engineering based.
- 5 years’ experience in relevant role as an analyst, strategist or equivalent
- Keen demonstrable interest in global markets, economics, and politics.
- Korean and English language
- Basic technical ability in programming in Python
- Experience in volatility trading or research
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship, and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued, and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.