Optiver’s Office Operations team is seeking an Office and Facilities Coordinator to run point on the day-to-day upkeep of our 40,000 square foot space in the Domain area of Austin. Our organized and process-driven team is focused on providing excellent hospitality to employees, candidates and guests alike, and the Office Coordinator will support our Facilities & Office Manager in the execution of this function.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Based in ‘The Domain’ neighborhood, Optiver’s Austin office serves as the firm’s innovation nucleus, with a strong focus on quantitative research, software and hardware engineering initiatives. With tech innovation an integral part of our core business, the booming city proved an ideal backdrop for our heavy investment into machine learning, research infrastructure and big data computing. What’s more, with world-class music, food and art scenes, as well as countless scenic outdoor activities, the quality of life for Austin Optiverians is second to none.
What you’ll do:
The Office Coordinator will be our front desk ambassador, helping to create and maintain clear channels of communication, organization and coordination for all office operations and procedures, with a goal of maximizing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage the front desk, including greeting guests and vendor deliveries, shipping and receiving domestic and international packages, arranging print services, purchasing and inventorying supplies, and maintaining equipment
- provide security monitoring and access control, including administration of keycards in liaison with property management
- Support scheduling and planning of meetings in the office with internal and external stakeholders
- Source, schedule, and coordinate third party vendors in support of Optiver’s T&E team
- Comply with, and monitor, safety rules, policies, and procedures
- Perform work assignments on an as-needed basis – must be comfortable and proficient in prioritizing tasks
- Communicate with co-workers, vendors, candidates and visitors professionally
- Contribute to the overarching Office Operations team effort across N America by participating in recurring team meetings
- Build respectful relationships with teammates, guests and third party vendors
- Comfortable interacting across all levels of the organization
- Coordinate activities with other internal departments
- Issue, collect, and inventory badges for employees, visitors, and contractors
- Assist with, visitors and contractors, and ensure they are escorted when onsite
- Coordinate a wide range of details such as meeting room set-ups, IT set-up & clean up
- Provide a well-maintained, welcoming office environment, and be available to offer support when needed
- Support the Facilities & Office Manager by making suggestions for and supporting implementation of office improvements
- Occasional overtime hours may be required
Who you are:
- 2 years Office Administration Experience in similar role
- Self-starter who can work unsupervised
- Understand and be proficient in customer service and satisfaction at all levels, including executive level leadership
- Graduation from high school or its equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office functions (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in Atlassian products (JIRA & WIKI) preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of the organization, functions, responsibilities, and procedures of the office
- Considerable knowledge of personnel policies and procedures and demonstrated ability to use those policies and procedures to resolve problems
- Excellent writing skills and the demonstrated ability to develop written reports and action plans
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems within an office and to develop feasible solutions
- Must be able to stand for prolonged hours and preform physical tasks: e.g. lifting 50 lbs., stoop, bend, reach above your head, and climb a step stool.
- Be able to work under pressure and manage deadlines during peak periods
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.