AP Specialist (Brokerage)
Trading is the core of our business and ensuring that our brokers and counterparties are using correct rates and being paid on time are essential functions within business operations. We are expanding our team in search of a detail oriented and deadline-driven Brokerage Specialist. As a Brokerage Specialist you will share in the ownership of multi-entity and multi-product brokerage reconciliation and processing. This role requires excellent communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, and adherence to complex policies and procedures.
Who we are
Optiver is a global market maker with offices in Amsterdam, London, Chicago, Austin, Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taipei. Over thirty-five years ago, we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Options Exchange. Today, we are a leading liquidity provider, with more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, united in our commitment to improve the market by competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world in various financial instruments we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US.
What you will do
As a Brokerage Specialist, you will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in business operations by owning the full cycle of brokerage payables ensuring accurate and timely recording of expenses and payments to brokers. You’ll also assist in developing our AR processes and controls. You’ll also partner with various teams across the business on special projects that are essential to our dynamic business.
- Demonstrate a high level of ownership and precision in owning the processing, coding, maintenance of approvals, and payment set-up for brokerage invoices
- Develop an understanding of the products we trade and fee structures
- Reconcile brokerage invoices to accrual and collaborate with various teams to resolve breaks
- Assist in onboarding and maintenance of broker and vendor relationships
- Address counterparty inquires, research and resolve issues and discrepancies, as needed
- Ensure completeness over invoices received and manage the broker inbox
- Prepare and maintain journal entries and related support for month-end close and audits
- Cross-train on other AP and AR processes; cross-train others on brokerage process
- Continuously develop, maintain, and document procedures and internal controls
- Assist with special projects, as needed
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of full-cycle AP or relevant experience
- Knowledge of trading industry or brokerage business, a plus
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, proven ability to successfully meet deadlines
- Ability to define problems, research and resolve issues or inquiries timely
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- NetSuite, Accrualify, and/or Atlassian/Jira experience a plus
What you will get
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 countries
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get other great benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.