Junior Quantitative Researcher
At Optiver, we believe that to be competitive we must adapt, innovate, and continuously improve. Our Delta 1 trading team combines a systematic approach with sophisticated pricing models, iterating often to ensure consistent, robust trading performance. We are a top 3 market maker across the major futures and cash markets in Asia.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You will work with other quantitative traders, researchers, and developers to create automated trading strategies. You will use your statistical analysis and data mining skills to improve existing models and come up with new ones. You will work on projects ranging from in-depth event analysis to price prediction algorithms. You will leverage and contribute to our in-house built libraries and comprehensive market datasets.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of pricing, execution, and risk management in index futures and cash equity markets
- An understanding of algorithmic trading systems and high and/or mid frequency trading
- Exceptional analytical skills, particularly in terms of identifying opportunities when analysing large data sets
- Extensive mathematical and statistical modelling skills, utilising a range of techniques
- The ability to prototype and iterate quickly
- Programming experience in languages such as Python, Java, or C++ is a strong plus
- An educational background in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar (Masters/PhD preferred)
- A passion for solving problems and a drive for results
- A preference for working collaboratively with like-minded people
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship, and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued, and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.