Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Optiver is looking for a Cybersecurity Business Analyst to join our continual effort to evolve and strengthen our security posture.
As a member of our InfoSec team, you will champion Cybersecurity awareness and best practices throughout the organization, and partner with your global team to contribute to Optiver’s information security vision, program, and control framework. You will collaborate with the business to drive a culture of mindfulness while supporting the ability to move and innovate rapidly.
You’ll be passionate about proactive threat prevention and continuously thinking of practical ways to make doing the right thing easier and the wrong thing harder. You’ll stay abreast of developments and opportunities to learn from the industry and apply those lessons to our own practice. You’ll work well in close partnership with a globally distributed team, and couple an appreciation of analysis with a bias for action. Other responsibilities:
- Help establish security policies, procedures, and guidelines on a variety of information security controls
- Analyse source system data, existing data models, and profiling data to uncover additional security insights not inherently visible
- Assess surface security risks and propose ideas, and recommendations to mitigate threats
- Prepare dashboards and technical reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends.
- Provide support to the Global SecOps function in the planning, deployment, and execution of the security business plan
- Act as a liaison to the business and IT groups and assist them in the implementation of data security, compliance requirements, and information security technologies.
- Partner with the enterprise architecture team to create, publish, and continuously improve the information security architecture for the enterprise
- Identify regional information security issues and gaps with the enterprise information security policies, standards, and procedures among employees, contractors, alliances, and other third parties
- Coordinate, support, track, and challenge regional implementation of global requirements
- Map regional legal and regulatory requirements and developments onto global policies/procedures and make suggestions where needed
- Coordinate the execution of security governance and assessment control initiatives and Cybersecurity Awareness Programs, and assist with implementation where needed
- Perform administrative and reporting duties during crisis management response.
- Regionally track all legal requirements, regulatory requirements, and developments, and apply to global policies and procedures and suggest changes where needed
- Serve as the regional point of contact for information security.
- Execute a robust Cyber Security communications plan
- Develop and Maintain executive level presentations
WHO YOU ARE
- 5 + years experience with and a passion for Cybersecurity in a corporate (ideally financial) environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Organization and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and ability to collaborate and build consensus, within a variety of functions and experience levels
- Experience working in a distributed team model
- Readiness to get hands-on and in the details
- Data analytics skills preferred
- Familiarity with technical aspects of cybersecurity
- Training and presentation skills
- Curiosity and eagerness for continuous learning
- Focus on possibilities over difficulties
- Bachelor’s degree required
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.