12 month contract opportunity to support the Head of Operational Finance as Optiver’s business and global span continues to grow rapidly,. This is an opportunity to be involved in the transformation of the function through automation and other continuous improvement initiatives. You will be exposed to talented people including finance professionals, IT engineers and developers, and traders. T
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. Established in 1996, we're an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, and act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Proactive leadership of day-to-day activities, including managing timelines and acting as reviewer of areas (such as employee expenses, payments, credit card reconciliations)
- Review and develop appropriate business processes and policies to ensure strong controls and organisational efficiency
- Manage KRIs and stakeholder reporting in relation to Operational Finance areas. Identify and draft reporting of incidents and remedial actions. Implement identified actions
- Opportunity to manage financial accountants. Guide team on prioritisation and control mindset. Drive high performance and to meet accounting, control and operational requirements
- Support various projects and technology change initiatives
- Drive change. This includes working within the Operational Finance team and across teams to leverage knowledge and systems, controls, and best practice
- Proactive collaboration with the broader Finance team in relation to month end, management reporting, cash management and financial statements areas
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders throughout the business
- Support internal and external audit reviews and internal control assurance activities
- Support compliance obligations such as the Small Business Payment Times Reporting Scheme
- Maintain and enhance professional and technical knowledge
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
As our next Finance Manager, you will have at least 10+ years’ professional experience in finance operations or equivalent teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce or Business
- CA/CPA equivalent
- +10 years’ experience
- Interest in leading teams and commitment to supporting a culture of trust, transparency, collaboration and continuous self-development
- Experience in accounts payable related processes. Payroll experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results and focus on delivering outcomes with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Keen interest in accounting, controls, and processes. Experience in advisory and practical application is beneficial
- Ability to apply strong analytical and problem-solving skills and continuous improvement mindset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to develop relationships with team members and key stakeholders
- An ability to manage high volume and unpredictable workloads to effectively prioritise
- Strong business acumen and commercial judgement with focus on value add
- Advance excel spreadsheet skills and a good Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.