Optiver’s is looking for two senior tax accountants to join its tax team: a compliance-focused individual and a documentation-focused individual. As the Documentation Senior, your primary responsibility will be writing memos documenting Optiver’s tax positions. The Documentation Senior will also assist with transfer pricing and restructuring initiatives, as well as audit defense. The documentation role will also provide tax accounting and compliance support. You will gain exposure to the many facets of Optiver’s business and have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of tax projects.
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated and organized professional with a passion for tax. This candidate must have tax technical writing experience and a strong desire to learn.
What You’ll Do:
- Draft technical tax, ASC 740, and internal control documentation.
- Collaborate with Optiver’s tax and finance teams in other regions on transfer pricing matters.
- Provide support with any audit defense needs at the Federal, State and Local levels.
- Assist with Optiver’s annual tax compliance obligations.
- Coordinate and manage projects with Optiver’s third party tax advisors.
- Perform ad hoc tax research on a wide array of topics.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or tax is preferred.
- 2+ years of public accounting experience in international, research and development or transfer pricing is preferred.
- Strong technical writing and research skills
- Ability to organize and interpret large amounts of data
- High attention to detail and ability to stay organized
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable communicating complex tax matters