Corporate Strategy Manager
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35+ year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We have a very exciting opportunity for a professional to join our lean, experienced, and knowledgeable Corporate Strategy team based in Shanghai. You will gain solid experience in business development, trading and operations – from evaluating market opportunities to developing corporate strategies and business planning for Optiver Shanghai. Most importantly, you will have opportunities to cooperate with the best people in a rising derivatives industry to make an impact as a leader and shape the future of our business and China financial industry. The essence of the daily role requires:
- Responsible for mapping the market and industry ecosystem, identifying business opportunities, and generating new transaction activity
- Understand and apply knowledge of the rules and regulations and market structures in which we engage
- Collect and share reliable data and information, and present solid analysis for initiating new business project
- Administrate new business project and committed to a successful delivery
- Build and maintain good relationships with external parties, including regional and global regulators, exchanges, brokers, dealers, and other business partners
WHO YOU ARE
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have the below skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or related majors
- A self-motivated, results driven and commercially minded individual with at least 5+ years’ working experience in regulators, exchanges, securities and futures companies, investment banks or work for financial services as a strategy consultant
- Strong technical knowledge of products across asset classes and business models with experience in facilitating onscreen or offscreen trades
- The ability to distil information from multiple data resources and produce well-written reports and presentations
- Excellent verbal communication and exceptional written and presentation skills in both English and Mandarin
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint, and experience of Python is a plus
- Experience of project management is a plus
- Overseas experience is a plus
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Daily breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in taking your career to the next level and working on one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now.
While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit your resume in English. We will carefully review your application and get in touch, if we believe you could be a good fit for the role.
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]