Are you curious to find out how the finance function of Optiver performs globally: in overseeing internal and external reporting, strategic financial planning and reporting to our Executive Committee?
Our established Group Finance team of 10 professionals has a global function. We are the team making sure to learn from the local teams at Optiver, continuous grow in working more efficient together and that the most optimal finance control functions within the Optiver Group is in place. Because we are a fast paced and growing organization, the position is very dynamic in different ways. The team is involved in Group-wide topics and projects the require coordination with our offices across the globe. The Group is located in the Amsterdam office, which includes the Group Finance team.
You can help us with your fresh view, your experience from different environments in order to ensure that we keep learning and make sure that the finance function of Optiver worldwide stays as cutting-edge as it is now.
In doing so, you will have a broad outreach to the entire organization, closely interacting with a wide variety of (finance) teams across the globe.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a senior Group Financial controller, you will be part of the established and high-performing Group Finance team, reporting into the Group Finance Director. Some of your key tasks will include:
- Drive the pursuit of continuous improvement, including active participation in Regional and Business Unit Finance transformational initiatives.
- Building and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships with local finance teams and related Group functions, working even more efficient and closer together.
- Involvement on various projects in international context.
- Maintaining and improving control framework for key financial processes.
- Advice and collaborate with the Group Finance Director and subject matter resources to develop, implement and maintain robust governance of finance processes and policies.
- Providing and improving Group management information.
- Involvement in certain aspects of the monthly control cycle, including cash management and treasury activities.
- Delivering Financial and regulatory reporting.
- IFRS accounting analysis and advise accounting teams.
WHO YOU ARE:
- An academic degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration.
- 10+ years of work experience in accounting / controlling, preferably including experience at one of the Big4 firms.
- Experience with the financial industry and with regulatory reporting in Europe.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS accounting standards.
- Knowledge of structure and finance processes.
- A proven ability delivering high quality and timely outputs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- The ability to understand the bigger picture.
- A hands-on mentality and an eye for detail.
- An intelligent, creative and pragmatic mind.
- The ability to work both independently and as a team-player.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply directly via the form below for this position. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Claire van Raay via [email protected] Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for this position, you may be required to take an (online) assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.