Are you ready to develop your career in the field of Risk management within a fast-paced, dynamic and international trading company? Do you have an interest in financial markets and a desire to surround yourself with the inner workings of it? Would you like to apply your strong technical and analytical ability to improving our risk framework globally? Then you might be the new Group Risk Analyst we’re looking for.
You can help us with your fresh view in order to ensure that we keep learning and make sure that the Risk function of Optiver worldwide stays as cutting-edge as it is now.
In doing so, you will have a broad outreach to the entire organization, closely interacting with a wide variety of (Risk) teams across the globe. You will also often communicate with, report to, and advise Senior Management and our Executive Committee on various events or new developments.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As a Group Risk Analyst, you will be working in an ambitious and results-driven team. Risk Management at Optiver involves a wide range of disciplines like market risk, counterparty risk and operational risk. As a Risk Analyst you will get involved in all of these different areas, ensuring that protections are in place to prevent the firm from incurring material losses. In your role, you will develop extensive relationships with stakeholders across all Optiver offices to enable oversight in companywide Risk Management.
In short, as a Group Risk Analyst you will:
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of our risk frameworks.
- Assisting in the enhancement of risk processes by identifying and evaluating business critical exposures.
- Monitor and report aggregated risk exposures to senior management.
- Facilitating the incident management process, understanding incident data, designing and collecting statistics, analyzing trends, and sharing relevant information with the regional offices.
- Coordinating assurance and testing efforts of existing risk controls.
- Effectively, credibly and critically challenge others when necessary as a second line of defense.
WHO YOU ARE:
Optiver needs our next Group Risk Analyst to be someone with:
- An academic degree preferably in Economics, Finance, STEM subject or equivalent.
- 0-3 years of experience in a similar role and sector.
- A proactive, analytical and inquisitive mindset with a willingness to speak up.
- An eagerness to improve existing process.
- Proficiency in Python, SQL and/or VBA is a distinct plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- A keen interest in the financial markets.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for this position. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Claire van Raay via [email protected] Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for this position, you may be required to take an (online) assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.