Optiver’s Fixed Income Trading team is looking for an Interest Rates Macro Analyst to to provide research and trade recommendations on macro events and funding markets. Ideal candidates will have a self-starter and competitive mentality, and are excited by the opportunity to bring their knowledge and skills to a growing team.
Having an aggressive and proactive risk-taking mindset is essential to perform well in this role. You will play a critical role on our team and have the opportunity to make a material impact to the firm’s PnL. You will sit directly on the trading desk, where you will be able to influence trading decisions and positions on a daily basis.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
As an Interest Rates Macro Analyst at Optiver, you will be responsible for leveraging macro events and funding markets to provide research and trade recommendations. As a member of our team, you will work in close collaboration with Traders and Analysts to creatively solve problems and identify new trading opportunities.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Analyze and generate a theoretical value for each major macro event
- Generate trade ideas based on this theoretical value
- Collaborate intrafirm with other macro analysts to develop event theos
- Monitor and analyze the evolution of real time events and their impact on macro products
- Interface with connections through industry to better understand the macro picture
Who you are:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of experience analyzing USD Funding Markets and the impact of US Fiscal and Monetary Policy in USD Interest Rate markets
- An understanding of how events and changes in Fiscal and Monetary Policy impact Interest Rate markets and market volatility
- A thorough understanding of central banks' balance sheet activity and how regulations and restrictions dictate balance sheet management (at large banks)
- Fluency in English with highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in identifying emerging opportunities and risks
- Familiarity with various research/database platforms (Bloomberg, Reuters etc)
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.