Market Risk Analyst
We are looking for a Market Risk Analyst to join our ambitious, results-driven Risk team who focus on analysing and improving our Trading risk framework. The ideal candidate has an affinity for financial markets and a strong quantitative and technical background. As a Market Risk Analyst, you will work closely with the Traders to support the development and improvement of our risk systems, methodologies and limits.
Who We Are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
As one of the world’s major financial centres, London was selected as the home of Optiver’s FX trading business, our UK-focused Institutional Trading Team and rapidly growing commodities trading arm. Optiver UK is located in a city that bridges European, Asian and American time zones, connecting our regional offices and embracing a truly global mindset. With more than 270 nationalities and 300 languages, London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, and is home to some of the best museums, a thriving international restaurant scene and bustling high streets that attract people from all over the globe.
What You'll Do:
- Assisting in the enhancement of risk processes by identifying and evaluating business-critical exposures
- Overseeing the monitoring and control of the positions in the trading books on a real-time basis to make sure that business activities remain within the pre-defined risk appetite
- Drafting summaries to keep everyone informed and up to date with the latest information and activity
- Actively contributing to the continuous improvement of the risk framework
- Building, maintaining and improving risk reports and tools
- Data collection & reporting
Who You Are:
- An Undergraduate or Master’s degree in a quantitative or STEM related subject
- Basic understanding of options pricing theory
- Experience in at least one commodity market
- A proactive and analytical mindset with an eye for detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and an eagerness to continuously improve
- Strong coding skills and an understanding of Python, or similar programming language
What You’ll Get:
At Optiver UK, you will be part of a well-established and high-performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grow, the opportunity to make a global impact and take your career to a new level expands with it. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits Include:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days (plus UK public holidays)
- Daily onsite breakfast and lunch
- Paid commuting expenses (home to office)
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training, conference attendance and continuous learning opportunities
- International transfer opportunities
How To Apply:
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Should there be a potential match, a member of our team will reach out sooner rather than later. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired.