WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,400 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35-year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Senior Legal Counsel, you’ll take main responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality legal advice and support related to market infrastructure, electronic trading, OTC trading in respect of cash equities and commodities derivatives
- Assist as required to PRC regulatory applications or other PRC regulatory issues
- Advising business on legal issues relating to business strategy, key projects and strategic initiatives
- Participating directly in transactions, reviewing contracts & documentation and providing legal advice, in relation to general corporate, HR matters, procurement and etc
- Assisting in the provision or coordination of company secretarial matters of local entities
- Ensuring that internal legal policies and guidelines are implemented; organizing and, if necessary, providing training to local employees where appropriate
- Coordinating with other lawyers in Legal in the region and globally to share knowledge, align practices and ensure consistent adoption of relevant group policies
- Monitor changes in laws and regulations which affect local business
WHO YOU ARE
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have the below skills and experience.
- Self-motivated and confident individual, able to interact comfortably and convincingly with all levels of management within the company
- Good knowledge in derivatives products and private fund products documentation and advisory, proven experience with major OTC derivatives master agreements and related negotiation
- Good knowledge of the relevant PRC regulatory/legal regimes in respect of derivatives and capital markets products and asset management products
- roactive and keen-to-learn personality, attention to details, capable of working both autonomously and as part of a cross-border team
- Passed PRC Legal Practitioner Exam and legally qualified to work in PRC with 6-10 years of experience in a top tier law firm or major investment bank/private fund management firms
- Fund practitioner qualification and Securities practitioner qualification are nice-to-have
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin)
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Daily breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in taking your career to the next level and working on one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now.
While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit your resume in English. We will carefully review your application and get in touch, if we believe you could be a good fit for the role.
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]