Senior Market Risk Manager
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,400 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35-year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
At Optiver, our business continues to grow and diversify, we are exposed to an ever-growing range of asset classes and risks. In response to this we are growing our market risk management team locally in Shanghai. We are looking for a Senior Market Risk Manager with passion for financial markets, who can bring fresh ideas to the team and contribute to Optiver’s risk management activities. Your main responsibilities include:
- Analyse market risks of our trading positions in all relevant China markets & asset classes
- Build out the existing market risk management governance and control framework
- Advise on limit requests, policies and methodologies around options & D1 strategies
- Be the trusted advisor to the Managing Director and senior traders on trading positions and risks
- Take the lead on risk projects that involve multiple stakeholders across the organisation
- Develop the local Risk Management team and mentor junior members
- Work with our software engineering teams to improve our risk systems and support new business
- Collaborate with the regional APAC Risk team as we grow our business in China
WHO YOU ARE
To excel in this role, you have 5+ years of experience in a trading, market risk or portfolio manager role within options trading. The team operates in a fast-paced environment, so you’ll need great analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the aptitude and attention to detail to make quick calculations and decisions. Other attributes include:
- Curiosity – eager to learn, seeks out information
- Drive for success – Proactive, shows initiative, gets results
- Collaboration – works well with others both within the team and in other teams
- Resilience – able to bounce back from setbacks. Able to stand your ground in discussions
- Growth Mindset – able to admit mistakes, accept feedback and use this to better yourself. Always looking to improve.
- Critical Mindset – looking for why something could be wrong rather than why it must be right.
- Integrity – acting honestly in all dealings.
- Leadership – experience with managing people & building a high-performance team.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Daily breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in taking your career to the next level and working on one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now.
While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit your resume in English. We will carefully review your application and get in touch, if we believe you could be a good fit for the role.
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]