At Optiver we operate without bureaucracy, without hierarchy and without egos. We are a trading firm that combines diverse skill sets, unique minds and the desire to be better. We’re passionate, driven and collaborative when it comes to tackling interesting problems. That’s where you come in.
Optiver is looking for a Commodity Options Trader to join our growing Singapore office in the Commodities trading team.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is global electronic market maker. We use our own capital, at our own risk, to trade on major financial markets around the world, 24 hours a day. We aim to always provide prices for a wide range of products including listed derivatives, equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange. As such, we have no clients but provide liquidity services to the financial markets on which we trade. We do this by developing our own trading strategies and systems, using originally developed code and cutting-edge technology.
Optiver Asia Pacific represents one of three business units of the Optiver group (the others being Europe and the US). The Asia Pacific business unit includes the following locations: Sydney (regional headquarters); Hong Kong; Shanghai; Singapore and Taipei. The business in Singapore is newly created and deemed to be an integral part of the APAC strategy over the coming years with anticipation of significant growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Commodity Options Trader, you’ll be responsible for leading the fundamental-driven trading strategies at Optiver. In addition, you’ll:
- Have a solid understanding of lifecycle of the sectors, including supply and demand, and price sensitivity of different factors (macros and fundamental)
- Work closely with Traders and Researchers from various other teams and departments
WHO YOU ARE
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have the below skills and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commodities options fundamental trading and/or research
- Have a solid understanding of commodities markets, preferably with a specialized expertise in oil or metals
- Have a solid track record of profitability, outstanding prediction or research outcome
- Strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Collaborative attitude and continuous improvement mindset
- Passionate about commodities and the financial industry
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals and Permanent Residents to apply. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process, we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.