Senior Crypto Options Trader
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies.
We have a performance-driven culture and continually strive for enhanced knowledge, improved systems and streamlined processes. We are passionate about creating value for the business and supporting the continued success of Optiver. We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential. We also have an extensive list of amazing perks, designed to keep our employees happy and healthy while they work.
About the job
We have an opportunity for an experienced Quantitative / Crypto Trader to join the team and improve us further. You will trade across target markets as part of a collaborative team with access to best in class systems and tools.
In this broad and exciting role, the main responsibilities will include:
- Work with other quantitative traders, researchers and developers to create and implement automated trading strategies.
- Use your statistical analysis and data mining skills to improve existing models and create new ones.
- Work on projects ranging from in-depth event analysis to price prediction algorithms
- Leverage and contribute to our in-house built libraries and comprehensive market datasets.
- Effectively risk manage the portfolio of positions
- Be a subject matter expert on your given market and asset class.
- Drive continuous improvement
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years direct quantitative trading experience at a direct competitor or global bank / hedge fund / crypto or trading firm
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of pricing, execution and risk management in index futures, options, and cash equity markets.
- A deep understanding of algorithmic trading systems and high frequency trading
- Exceptional analytical skills, particularly in terms of identifying opportunities when analysing large data sets
- Extensive mathematical and statistical modelling skills, utilising a range of techniques and the ability to prototype and iterate quickly
- An educational background in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar. (Master's/PhD preferred)
- Track record of strong trading performance with a strong and responsible risk appetite
- Strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Passion for trading and a strong desire to continuously improve spots
- Collaborative attitude and continuous improvement mindset
Desirable, but not essential:
- Programming experience in languages such as Python, Java and C++ is a strong plus.
- Experience trading in the crypto / digital assets space, particularly on derivatives
- Knowledge and experience of digital asset classes and their associated market structures and microstructures
- Experience mentoring or training juniors
What we offer
- Strong collaboration
- Autonomy and responsibility
- Generous benefits
- Leadership and growth opportunities
Our flat structure makes it easier to get things done. Everyone is empowered to deliver significant changes, supported by your team and your leaders. We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals to apply.