Are you an (internal) audit manager with a keen interest in the financial markets? Would you like to be part of a highly collaborative team working in a fast-paced environment? Are you a communicative, analytical and flexible thinker who is results driven and loves to travel? Then you could be just who we’re looking for!
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As Internal Audit Manager you will work in a team with seven other experienced internal auditors of which two IT Audit Managers and one Compliance Audit Manager. You will work on assessments that are relevant for the local Optiver entities, our Supervisory Board and Management Board. Group Audit assessments can cover the entire spectrum of our organization: from risk to tax, from trading to finance and from compliance to remuneration. Their common purpose: we aim to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective audits, advice and insight.
Group Audit is based in Amsterdam, but it performs the global internal audit function. Therefore, Group Audit is responsible for various assessments and sometimes special projects in our Amsterdam office and our foreign offices in Chicago, Sydney, Shanghai, London, Austin, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taipei. With the team (or part of the team), you will visit the main offices once or twice per year for one or two weeks at a time.
In short you will:
- Perform various engagements as part of a team on a broad spectrum of relevant topics;
- Be based in Amsterdam, but regularly visit our foreign offices (~10-12 weeks per year).
You’ll be working in a dynamic and complex organization which will challenge you to constantly improve.
WHO YOU ARE:
Optiver needs our next Internal Audit Manager to be someone with:
- Broad professional experience at big four or similar companies, preferable Risk Advisory department and/or large multinational organizations
- Relevant experience with internal auditing, control framework and in-depth knowledge of processes and controls
- Preferably holding one or more certifications in the field of financial or internal auditing, or alternatively financial market risk management
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent reporting and verbal communication skills in English
- An intelligent and pragmatic mind who likes to work both independently and in a close team dynamic
- An innovative mindset with a drive to improve processes and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to identify key risks and ask the right questions
- An interest in trading and market-making (prior work-related experience is not required)
- Willingness and ability to travel about ten to twelve weeks per year
- You are authorized to work in the Netherlands and don't require visa sponsorship
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry.
- 25 paid vacation days
- Fully paid first-class commuting expenses
And many more like training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages.
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in furthering your career in one of the most dynamic and exciting trading companies?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Internal Audit Manager. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Claire van Raay via [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.