WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Founded in 2021, Optiver's Singapore location is our ninth global office. As a fast-growing office, we have the feel of a start-up, but the backing of a large multinational trading firm. In Asia Pacific, Optiver was one of the first global market makers to establish a presence in the region, with the incorporation Optiver's APAC head office in Sydney in 1996. Since then, we have expanded our footprint by establishing offices in Taipei (2005), Hong Kong (2007) and Shanghai (2012).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- The Institutional Trading team encompasses all of Optiver's off screen direct trading with counterparties across futures, options and delta one products, including ETFs
- The Head of Institutional Trading will be responsible for mapping the institutional trading ecosystem, identifying suitable direct trading counterparties and generating new transaction activity
- Lead a regional team of relationship managers, build appropriate culture and values and develop and train the team to contribute to trading goals
- Identify and execute business development opportunities, particularly with regards to new products and asset classes to increase the breadth and depth of coverage
- Collaborate with regional and global Institutional Trading colleagues on new business initiatives and strategic projects
- Contribute to continuous process improvement across operations and post-trade administration
WHO YOU ARE
- A self-motivated, results driven and commercially minded salesperson or relationship manager with at least 8 years’ experience in a derivatives flow sales role
- Strong technical knowledge of derivative products across asset classes with experience in facilitating trades for a range of institutional counterparties
- Proven track records on revenue generation
- Strategic thinker with strong communications and presentation skills
- Experience of managing a regional/ global team
- Minimum a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics or a similar field of study from an accredited university
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals and Permanent Residents to apply. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process, we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.