At Optiver we operate without bureaucracy, without hierarchy and without egos. We are a trading firm that combines diverse skill sets, unique minds and the desire to be better. We’re passionate, driven and collaborative when it comes to tackling interesting problems. That’s where you come in.
Optiver is looking for an Office Receptionist to join our growing Singapore office. The right individual is a highly organised self-starter able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment. This person will be a trusted resource for our employees as we scale our Singapore operations.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is global electronic market maker. We use our own capital, at our own risk, to trade on major financial markets around the world, 24 hours a day. We aim to always provide prices for a wide range of products including listed derivatives, equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange. As such, we have no clients but provide liquidity services to the financial markets on which we trade. We do this by developing our own trading strategies and systems, using originally developed code and cutting-edge technology.
Optiver Asia Pacific represents one of three business units of the Optiver group (the others being Europe and the US). The Asia Pacific business unit includes the following locations: Sydney (regional headquarters); Hong Kong; Shanghai; Singapore and Taipei. The business in Singapore is newly created and deemed to be an integral part of the APAC strategy over the coming years with anticipation of significant growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Greet Visitors and new staff and make them feel comfortable, both in person and over the phone.
- Manage good relationships with vendors, service providers and building management.
- Processing and directing mail and incoming packages or deliveries
- Make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations
- Ensure optimal operation of office facilities, equipment, supplies, and inventories with monthly preventive maintenance
- Support the office on all facilities related, housekeeping, safety and security issues.
- Procure Office/pantry supplies and maintain reasonable inventory levels of consumables
- Plan and organize daily Breakfast, Lunch, company events and company trips
- Update the office visuals when necessary, working together with the marketing department
- Submit and process office related invoices on a timely basis
- Wear multiple hats – provide ad-hoc support for the HR and Office team and collaborative efforts as a firm
- Anticipate the needs of others to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
WHO YOU ARE
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant, Virtual Assistant or Office Admin Assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Emotional intelligence to work well with a range of different staff
- Friendly and approachable
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals and Permanent Residents to apply. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process, we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.