WHO WE ARE
Optiver is global electronic market maker. We use our own capital, at our own risk, to trade on major financial markets around the world, 24 hours a day. We aim to always provide prices for a wide range of products including listed derivatives, equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange. As such, we have no clients but provide liquidity services to the financial markets on which we trade. We do this by developing our own trading strategies and systems, using originally developed code and cutting-edge technology.
Optiver Asia Pacific represents one of three business units of the Optiver group (the others being Europe and the US). The Asia Pacific business unit includes the following locations: Sydney (regional headquarters); Hong Kong; Shanghai; Singapore and Taipei. The business in Singapore is newly created and deemed to be an integral part of the APAC strategy over the coming years with anticipation of significant growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In this role, you'll get to work on our industry-forward execution platform. Our execution platform is responsible for placing orders from auto-trading systems with as low a latency as possible, implementing risk boundary checks, order management and exchange connectivity. Every day, our trading platform processes huge volumes of data and makes thousands of trades. Our engineers ensure that it does so in a safe, consistent, and timely manner. We're looking for quality engineers who can create architectures that balance latency, accuracy, risk and time to market, to ensure we have Asia Pacific’s best order execution platform.
We are looking for Software Engineers who are interested in working on our industry-leading, globally distributed, low-latency, market making platform. Every day our trading platform processes huge volumes of data, prices thousands of financial instruments, make thousands of trading decisions, and must do so in a safe, deterministic and real-time manner. You will be responsible for owning projects that push the success of our trading platform forward – whether that be building a new market gateway, improving a risk control or an experimental change to a trading strategy. You will own your work from idea through to deployment and will work in partnership with other departments across the business along the way. You will see the impact of your work every day.
Other responsibilities include:
- Own the design, development and deployment of services that comprise our globally distributed trading platform.
- Build partnerships across the business to ensure we're feeding the best ideas into our solutions.
- Manage deployments to reduce risk, and provide production support where required.
- Help ensure quality is maintained throughout our systems, including via code reviews.
- Contribute to our never ending goal of continuous improvement by providing feedback and ideas on where our systems and controls can be improved.
WHO YOU ARE
Optiver needs our next Software Engineer to be someone with:
- Extensive experience with Object-Oriented programming in at least one of C/C++, Java, C# or golang.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, like operating systems, data structures and algorithms.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- We offer competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Corporate health insurance
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals and Permanent Residents to apply. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process, we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.