Business Information Security Officer
Optiver is looking for a Business Information Security Officer to join our continual effort to evolve and strengthen our security posture.
As a member of our InfoSec team, you will champion Cybersecurity awareness and best practices throughout the organization, and partner with your global team to contribute to Optiver’s information security vision, program, and control framework. You will collaborate with the business to drive a culture of mindfulness while supporting the ability to move and innovate rapidly.
You’ll be passionate about proactive threat prevention and continuously thinking of practical ways to make doing the right thing easier and the wrong thing harder. You’ll stay abreast of developments and opportunities to learn from the industry and apply those lessons to our own practice. You’ll work well in close partnership with a globally distributed team, and couple an appreciation of analysis with a bias for action.
What you'll do:
- Help establish security policies, procedures, and guidelines on a variety of information security controls
- Analyze source system data, existing data models, and profiling data to uncover additional security insights not inherently visible
- Assess surface security risks and propose ideas, and recommendations to mitigate threats
- Prepare dashboards and technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide support to the Global SecOps function in the planning, deployment, and execution of the security business plan
- Act as a liaison to the business and IT groups and assist them in the implementation of data security, compliance requirements, and information security technologies.
- Partner with the enterprise architecture team to create, publish, and continuously improve the information security architecture for the enterprise
- Identify regional information security issues and gaps with the enterprise information security policies, standards, and procedures among employees, contractors, alliances, and other third parties
- Coordinate, support, track, and challenge regional implementation of global requirements
- Map regional legal and regulatory requirements and developments onto global policies/procedures and make suggestions where needed
- Coordinate the execution of security governance and assessment control initiatives and Cybersecurity Awareness Programs, and assist with implementation where needed
- Perform administrative and reporting duties during crisis management response.
- Regionally track all legal requirements, regulatory requirements, and developments, and apply to global policies and procedures and suggest changes where needed
- Serve as the regional point of contact for information security.
- Execute a robust Cyber Security communications plan
- Develop and Maintain executive level presentations
What you'll need:
- 5 + years experience with and a passion for Cybersecurity in a corporate (ideally financial) environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills (English)
- Organization and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and ability to collaborate and build consensus, within a variety of functions and experience levels
- Experience working in a distributed team model
- Readiness to get hands-on and in the details
- Data analytics skills preferred
- Familiarity with technical aspects of cybersecurity
- Training and presentation skills
- Curiosity and eagerness for continuous learning
- Focus on possibilities over difficulties
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.