An exciting opportunity exists for a self-motivated, ambitious Middle Office Manager to join our growing Optiver Singapore office.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Founded in 2021, Optiver's Singapore location is our ninth global office. As a fast-growing office, we have the feel of a start-up, but the backing of a large multinational trading firm. In Asia Pacific, Optiver was one of the first global market makers to establish a presence in the region, with the incorporation of Optiver's APAC head office in Sydney in 1996. Since then, we have expanded our footprint by establishing offices in Taipei (2005), Hong Kong (2007) and Shanghai (2012).
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a Middle Officer Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Execution and reporting of daily P&L through validation and ownership of the trading balance sheet and trading position valuation, in-line with Product Control policy.
- Ensuring Trades and Trade positions are correctly reconciled against Clearers and Brokers and investigation and remedy any breaks.
- Driving the Valuation Control agenda, ensuring new and emerging risks in our various products and markets are identified, escalated and managed appropriately.
- Applying your knowledge of financial products and accounting standards to ensure correct valuation and accounting of financial instruments.
- Partnering with Traders and other stakeholders to ensure valuation verification is adequately addressed in all new business activities.
- Driving various technology and automation initiatives through the Product Control team, working collaboratively with technology teams.
- Capacity to understand and explain desk trading strategies.
- Be the primary escalation point for traders and other key stakeholders, both internal and external
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Optiver needs our next Middle Office Manager to be someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce or Business.
- Singapore Chartered Accountant or international equivalent.
- Supplementary qualifications in Financial Instruments, Risk Management, CFA or similar
- At least 5 years’ experience in Product Control, with additional experience in Risk, Financial Control or other in a trading firm and/or bank.
- Professional expertise across all financial asset classes, particularly derivative products (Index and equity options, forwards and futures, and warrants).
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of valuation, risk management and accounting for exchange and over the counter cash and derivative financial instruments.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving capabilities in various applications, Excel, VBA, various BI tools, SQL, python
- Demonstrated experience in managing small teams to meet deliverables in a high performing environment.
- Strong attention to detail with experience in operational activities
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, with the ability to package information in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven ability to influence a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Proven experience in automation tooling, keeping abreast of the latest technological innovations in their field.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- We offer competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Corporate health insurance
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
Optiver encourages Singapore Nationals to apply.