We're looking for an enthusiastic HR Coordinator to join our team providing HR support to our rapidly growing UK business. This important role will ensure our processes are carried out to a consistently high standard so our busy team and fast-paced employees are given a great level of service.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
As one of the world’s major financial centres, London was selected as the home of Optiver’s FX trading business, our UK-focused Institutional Trading Team and rapidly growing commodities trading arm of the business. Established in 2019, Optiver’s London office is quickly growing as a key player in the FX market. With its position in England’s capital city bridging European, Asian and American time zones, Optiver London embraces a truly global mindset. And it’s no wonder why. London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, comprising more than 270 nationalities and 300 languages. With some of the best museums, a thriving international restaurant scene and bustling high streets, there’s no better place to become a citizen of the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will work closely and collaboratively with HR in providing a comprehensive support to Traders, Tech and business control staff.
- First point of contact for employee enquiries; providing advice in regards to HR-related questions and escalating when required.
- Support all HR processes including but not limited to; onboarding, benefits administration, promotions, offboarding and other employee related matters
- Support the monthly payroll process
- Maintaining and updating the HRIS system and personnel files in relation to employee requests and personal data.
- Assist with HR projects, engagement and well-being initiatives
- Work closely with recruitment on facilitating and onboarding new hires
- Working closely with other departments based in the UK and overseas offices to support and resolve matters in a timely manner
- Responsible for administering and overseeing all new hire background checks via our third party provider
- Maintaining and updating the accuracy of our internal intranet pages
- Manage the HR mailbox efficiently
- Draft and prepare employee correspondence such as reference letter and travel letters
- Provide ad hoc assistance to wider Talent Team as required
WHO YOU ARE
- Proactive, enthusiastic and conscientious
- Currently working within an administrative role ideally within an HR function
- Professionalism in the handling of confidential information and sensitive circumstances
- Are a self-starter, who uses their initiative and isn’t afraid to ask questions
- Are approachable and able to build relationships both within the Talent Team and the wider business
- Great administration skills with strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of HRIS systems
- Basic knowledge of HR processes and best practices
- Organised, efficient with an ability to manage multiple priorities
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Optiver’s London office is the location of our foreign exchange trading business and a growing hub for our commodity trading business. You will be part of a well-established and high performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grows there is a real opportunity to make a huge impact and take us and your career to a new level. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits Include:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days plus all UK public holidays
- Daily Breakfast and lunch
- Home to office commute covered
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training and continuous learning opportunities
- Access to conferences and Tech events
- International transfer opportunities