For our Amsterdam office, we are looking for a Technical Operations Analyst to join our Technical Operations Management (TechOps) team.
You will join a team that is responsible for streamlining the way we work, and delivering cross team projects. You will play a fundamental role in improving our planning and technology processes – and with that help the firm maintain healthy balance between risk and reward in our trading systems. You'll identify these improvements by independently performing checks and deep dives.
The person we seek is mindful of risk yet still able to facilitate fast-paced innovation across the firm. In activities you coordinate, you are the connecting point between our software developers, trading support, compliance and risk functions.
The content you will manage is covering all areas of Technology, so it’s almost guaranteed that no day will be like the other.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
In a nutshell, your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Work in tandem with trading, technology and control teams to drive critical cross-team projects from initial strategy discussions through completion
- Effectively run meetings where you discuss incidents, changes or planning with team leads You'll challenge leads on emerging themes, patterns and risks
- Work closely with the Tech department to streamline our Tech processes through audits and deep dives. For example, you could review whether our various testing guidelines are consistent and properly embedded
- Identify upcoming technology upgrades at exchanges we trade on, and coordinate Optiver's response to those
WHO YOU ARE:
- A computer science (or similar) degree, or a proven track record in engineering
- Pragmatic thinker with strong communication skills
- Project management skills and hands on mentality
- A high aptitude for understanding how technical applications interact with one another
- A keen interest in financial markets, trading and technology
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Technical Operations Analyst. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Theo Schneider via [email protected]
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.