At Optiver we operate without bureaucracy, without hierarchy and without egos. We are a trading firm that combines diverse skill sets, unique minds and the desire to be better. We’re passionate, driven and collaborative when it comes to tackling interesting problems. That’s where you come in.
Optiver is looking for a Facilities Supervisor to join our Office Management team on a temporary 3 month basis with the opportunity to become permanent for the right candidate. This is an opportunity to work with a collaborative team and to grow your facilities career.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With our focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Facilities Supervisor you will be responsible for maintaining the day to day running of our building. Working collaboratively with a small team to ensure minimum standards are met, minimising risk to the business.
- Problem management and suggest improvements to tasks and issues
- Managing daily works and communicating with contractors to confirm progress
- Environmental projects and assessments
- Day to day coordination of waste management/recycling
- Managing relationships and ensuring Workplace Health & Safety requirements are met
- Experience with managing Fire services, plant rooms and generators
WHO YOU ARE:
Optiver needs our next Facilities Supervisor to be someone with:
- 3 years or more experience in a similar role
- Experienced working under pressure
- Ability to work alongside a number of stakeholders with competing priorities
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Willingness to learn and shows initiative to problem solve
- Excellent communication skills
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.