Are you a final year student, or recent graduate, with a passion for finance or risk management? Do you want to apply your quantitative ability to a collaborative working environment? Join Optiver to accelerate your growth in one of the most fascinating and dynamic industries.
As our Graduate Market Risk Analyst, you’ll start the first 4 weeks of your training program, in our global HQ in Amsterdam, where you’ll learn the foundations of everything that you’ll need to know – the theory, the markets, the strategies and the technology. Then, you’ll travel to our APAC HQ in Sydney, where you’ll put your knowledge into practice with the local team. Once you complete your training, you’ll return to Singapore and join our team of experienced analysts to develop and deliver the risk management activities of the entire firm, in a fast-paced and dynamic trading environment
Ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Apply now.
Who we are
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Founded in 2021, Optiver's Singapore location is our ninth global office. As a fast-growing office, we have the feel of a start-up, but the backing of a large multinational trading firm. In Asia Pacific, Optiver was one of the first global market makers to establish a presence in the region, with the incorporation Optiver's APAC head office in Sydney in 1996. Since then, we have expanded our footprint by establishing offices in Taipei (2005), Hong Kong (2007) and Shanghai (2012).
What you’ll do
To keep us at the forefront of an ever-changing trading environment, you’ll create and improve our current risk framework and monitoring tools. You’ll analyse risk and market data to solve practical problems. In your day-to-day role, you’ll get to:
- Control market, credit and automated trading related risks in the Asia-Pacific region
- Maintain and improve market, credit, and automated trading risk management governance and control frameworks
- Advise on limits policies and methodologies, following up and enforcing solutions for limit violations
- Maintain, improve upon, and build risk reports and tools
- Prepare daily reports for the Prepare daily reports for the Singapore Risk Team Lead
- Provide risk opinions and views to Trading and Management
- Contribute daily to ensure that the Risk Management team stays up to date with new developments in the risk arena
What you’ll learn
You’ll gain a unique insight into the trading environment at a global trading firm and develop skills that’ll help build your career in the financial markets. You’ll be given the autonomy, responsibility and support required to excel. You’ll experience our passion to continuously develop a risk management mindset across the business. You’ll be an integral part of a multiskilled team, in a stimulating fast-paced environment, where work-life balance is valued and great work is rewarded.
Who you are
You have a keen interest in the financial markets, and a strong set of analytical and problem-solving skills. In addition, you’re also:
- An adept communicator
- Have good planning and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Have a natural curiosity
- Are proactive by nature and can work autonomously
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Have a practical mindset with the ability to remain calm in a crisis
- Experience with coding (VBA, Python, Matlab or other) is a plus
What you’ll get
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- We offer competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Corporate health insurance
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals to apply. Applications are open until 31 October 2022.
- A final year university student or recent graduate
- Studying a Maths/Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Mechatronic Engineering, Finance/Economics or similarly technical degree
Does this sound like the future you’re looking for? Take up the challenge and apply today!