The Finance Product Manager will develop deep understanding of key business functions and partner closely with business stakeholders around the world to understand the challenges and opportunities that Optiver needs to address. The Product manager will work with business leaders to align on definition and prioritization of desired outcomes. He/she is responsible for delivery of these outcomes, solving for the optimal flow by collaborating with domain experts and enterprise colleagues to outline and realize holistic, practical, and efficient solutions which will typically require a combination of technology and processes.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets worldwide, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,400 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improving the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Understand challenges and opportunities that need to be addressed
- Work with business leaders across the globe to align on priorities and to define the desired outcomes
- Build (internal and external) context to enable decision-making (e.g. regulatory expectations, best practices, solutions, local considerations)
- Coordinate and facilitate discussion, discovery, and documentation of current processes and goals for comparison against target state
- Collaborate with functional and technical business partners to formulate and promote appropriately incremental changes (process and technology, as relevant) to achieve global desired outcomes
- Coordinate delivery of the desired outcomes and help motivate teams working on them
- Project management responsibilities will be in scope for some work streams; on others close collaboration with a dedicated project management resource will be required
- Communicate vision, strategy, and plans clearly and consistently
- Manage stakeholder expectations proactively and regularly
- Work as a focal point of contact, consultation, and escalation for key business stakeholders
- Where and when needed supervise junior product managers or business analyst resources
- Together with other product managers, establish, document, and champion global best practices, standards, and procedures for this role across Optiver, and work as a peer coach to foster a spirit of continuous improvement in this discipline
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Proven experience leading or significantly contributing to IT transformation projects (especially in Finance, and ideally also in Tax, and Legal domains)
- Experience working in a distributed global team model
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English)
- Skill at articulating complex concepts to stakeholders across functional domains and levels of expertise
- Organization and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and ability to build consensus
- Focus on possibilities over difficulties
- Ability to work through ambiguity and drive clarity of vision and strategy
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with a variety of functions and experience levels
- University degree required
- IT Transformation (or equivalent, such as SI, M&A) experience required
- Leadership experience strongly preferred
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment.
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements.
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities.
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages.
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista.
- Regular social events including an annual company trip.
- A work-from-home allowance and support.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued, and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.