Are you ready to get your foot in the door at a leading global trading firm? Our Trading Summer Internship is the perfect opportunity for you to work in the heart of our exciting and dynamic trading floor. Expand your knowledge of the financial markets and gain full insight into what it takes to be a trader at Optiver. Plus, if you’ve excelled over the summer and shown us your potential, you could also receive an offer to join us as a graduate trader!
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35+ year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Quantitative Trading Intern, you’ll work with our traders and researchers on real-life trading projects, which directly impacts the way we trade. Our traders use mathematical modelling and algorithms to determine the ‘real value’ of the financial products we trade, and then provide the market with prices at which they can trade. The elusive and constantly evolving nature of the ‘real value’ provides new challenges each and every day.
As part of the internship, you’ll get to:
- Learn the fundamentals of trading – from theory to financial markets to strategies and cutting-edge technology.
- Experience the thrill of tight feedback loops and work hand-in-hand with our teams to explore life at a leading market maker.
- Develop tools, conduct analysis or work on larger scale projects to improve both your own and the team’s trading.
- Work in a challenging environment and solve complex problems.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelors/Masters/PhDs, who will graduate during or after 2024.
- Major in a highly quantitative field.
- A real passion for quantitative problems.
- Critical thinking and the courage to challenge the status quo.
- Fast decision-making skills under pressure.
- Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve yourself.
- Fluency in English.
- Computer programming skills are not required, but definitely a plus.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment.
- Competitive internship salary, free accommodation.
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities.
- Daily breakfast, lunch and snacks.
- Gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages.
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in taking your career to the next level and work on one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now via the form below. Applications are open until 10 October 2022.
While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit the below application materials in English:
- Cover letter (optional)
- Academic transcripts, including Bachelors, Masters and PhDs if any
For any other inquiries, please email [email protected]
Optiver 重视个人信息的保护。请您在提供个人信息给我们之前，认真阅读Optiver China Privacy Notice, 了解我们如何收集及处理您的个人信息。
Personal information protection is of utmost importance to Optiver. Before you provide any personal information to us, we strongly urge you to read Optiver China Privacy Notice for acknowledging how we collect and process your personal information.