WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world. Set against the backdrop of one of the world’s most liveable cities, life at Optiver Sydney offers unlimited access to world-class activities. We’re surrounded by a plethora of bars, restaurants, cafes, shops, gyms and more. And with picturesque beaches and national parks right on our doorstep, there’s always something new to discover.
We have a very exciting opportunity within our Recruitment Team for a Recruitment Coordinator to who is passionate about operational excellence and customer service. The position will support both the Trading & Research, Control & Business Operations Recruitment teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Candidate management and coordination
- Be the point of contact for candidates regarding interviews and admin tasks
- Liaise with the recruitment team and hiring managers to arrange interviews across multiple timezones
- Meet and greet candidates when they are onsite and make them feel welcome
- Assist with coordinating travel for candidates who are based interstate or overseas
- Provide an overall exceptional candidate experience regardless of whether an offer is extended
Administration and operations
- Keep our recruitment systems (Workday and Greenhouse) up-to-date with all required actions and notes
- Assist with data capture, analysis and reporting
- Perform background checks and referencing on all successful candidates
- Assist in candidate onboarding process
- Assist recruiters with visa processes, including the posting of adverts on appropriate boards in a compliant manner.
- Advising the team on process improvements and willingness to own such initiatives
WHO YOU ARE:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritise effectively
- Well organised and a structured thinker
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- The confidence and ability to build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the business and with candidates of all levels
- Customer-focused / Focus on a great candidate experience
We would ideally like someone who is passionate about recruitment and customer service. As part of the team, you will get to take ownership of projects and processes and assist in many more. The role will best suit someone who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 countries
- Participation in a performance-based, profit-pooled bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry
- Fitness First Platinum gym membership
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Weekly in-house chair massages
- On-site catering with free breakfast, lunch, snacks
- Complimentary on-site barista serving espresso coffee & gourmet teas
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks (COVID-19 restrictions permitting)