Optiver is seeking Quantitative Researchers to join our futures trading team in Austin, also known as Delta One. We are looking for someone to help develop next generation models for a range of trading strategies. Our team of quantitative researchers apply sophisticated and complex statistical models to financial markets around the world.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Based in ‘The Domain’ neighborhood, Optiver’s Austin office serves as the firm’s innovation nucleus, with a strong focus on quantitative research, software and hardware engineering initiatives. With tech innovation an integral part of our core business, the booming city proved an ideal backdrop for our heavy investment into machine learning, research infrastructure and big data computing. What’s more, with world-class music, food and art scenes, as well as countless scenic outdoor activities, the quality of life for Austin Optiverians is second to none.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct research to discover trading signals
- Improve upon mathematical and statistical modelling
- Translate findings into algorithmic trading strategies running live in the market
Who you are:
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program in mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, or another highly quantitative field with an anticipated graduation date of Summer 2023 or sooner
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics/machine-learning
- Experience with python, or other analytical tools for quantitative research
- Experience working in a data driven research environment, conducting independent research
- Strong communication skills, effective working in a team
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.
*We accept one trading application per role per year. If you have previously applied to a trading position in any office during this season and have been unsuccessful or have taken our Zyvo assessment within the past 12 months, you can reapply once the next recruitment season begins in 2023.