Optiver’s industry leading proprietary trading systems depend on reliable and scalable networks to power our trading activities on financial exchanges around the world. As a Low Latency Network Engineer your job is to ensure Optiver have the fast connectivity and physical infrastructure to allow our traders and engineers to get market data accurately and quickly, making a direct impact to our business.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
As one of the world’s major financial centres, London was selected as the home of Optiver’s FX trading business, our UK-focused Institutional Trading Team and rapidly growing commodities trading arm. Optiver UK is located in a city that bridges European, Asian and American time zones, connecting our regional offices and embracing a truly global mindset. With more than 270 nationalities and 300 languages, London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, and is home to some of the best museums, a thriving international restaurant scene and bustling high streets that attract people from all over the globe.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Optiver’s bespoke trading infrastructure requires diverse network engineering experience; from low-latency, network automation and WAN technologies to data centre and colocation design. You will work on critical projects that will help us scale our trading business:
- Deploy, monitor, troubleshoot and manage our network infrastructure
- Work on designing new colocations and improving connectivity in existing colocations as well as our Data Center network
- Identify, recommend and implement network system optimisations and focus on network solutions that provide fast information
- Assist with planned maintenances (migrations, expansions, hardware and software upgrades)
- Provide technical expertise and support to a high frequency trading floor in a competitive market-making environment
- Ensure all aspects of our WAN network link together across our global data center presence
- Contribute to capacity planning and traffic flow optimization
- Help push us towards intelligent automation
- Tackle technical debt while removing complexity
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strong Low-Latency networking experience with a focus on exchange connectivity, taps and aggregation
- Strong network and performance monitoring skills and knowledge of network capacity planning
- Experience working across LAN and global WAN networks
- Cisco and Arista network equipment experience preferred
- Experience troubleshooting network transport protocols – TCP/UDP
- Deep understanding and experience with routing protocols (such as OSPF, BGP) and network protocols (such as Multicast, Spanning Tree, HSRP)
- Network Automation experience with strong Python scripting experience preferred
- Networking monitoring and alerting systems experience
- A belief that good documentation helps successful project delivery
- A drive for improvement and motivation to push through friction
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
At Optiver UK, you will be part of a well-established and high-performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grow, the opportunity to make a global impact and take your career to a new level expands with it. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits Include:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days (plus UK public holidays)
- Daily onsite breakfast and lunch
- Paid commuting expenses (home to office)
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training, conference attendance and continuous learning opportunities
- International transfer opportunities
How To Apply:
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Should there be a potential match, a member of our team will reach out sooner rather than later. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.