WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,400 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35-year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Senior Fundamental Trader or Analyst, you’ll be responsible for leading the fundamental-driven trading strategies at Optiver. In addition, you’ll:
- Have a solid understanding of lifecycle of the sectors, including supply and demand, and price sensitivity of different factors (macros and fundamental)
- Work closely with Traders and Researchers from various other teams and departments
WHO YOU ARE
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have the below skills and experience.
- 5+ years in commodities fundamental trading or research
- Have a solid understanding of industrial markets
- Have a solid track record of outstanding prediction or research outcome
- Strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Collaborative attitude and continuous improvement mindset
- Passionate about commodities and the financial industry
Desirable, but not essential:
- Experience in physical/derivatives trading in commodities
- English speak is preferred (not a must)
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Daily breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in taking your career to the next level and working on one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now.
While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit your resume in English. We will carefully review your application and get in touch, if we believe you could be a good fit for the role.
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]