WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,400 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35-year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Senior Commodities Trader or Analyst, you’ll trade commodities across target markets as part of a collaborative team and have access to best-in-class systems and tools. Your main responsibilities include:
- Conducting signal/modelling research for improving predictions and to improve executing algorithms in the commodities markets
- Developing position-taking strategies on key markets through data analysis
- Market-making on multiple products and markets
- Collaborating with Developers to implement trading strategies
- Effectively risk managing the portfolio of positions
- Using data to gather insights, improve decision making and performance
- Being a subject matter expert on your given market and asset class
- Driving continuous improvement
WHO YOU ARE
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have the below skills and experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in a technical role with Commodities
- Significant trading experience at a market maker/proprietary trading firm or global top tier bank/hedge fund
- Track record of strong trading performance
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the market and an understanding of how markets function and the opportunities present
- Strong and responsible risk appetite
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Passion for trading and a strong desire to continuously improve spots
- Collaborative attitude and continuous improvement mindset
Desirable, but not essential:
- Familiarity and strength in coding, with Python, R or other languages
- Knowledge and experience of other asset classes
- Familiarity with the large flows that occur in the market and motivations for market behaviour
- Experience mentoring or training juniors
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Daily breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in taking your career to the next level and working on one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now.
While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit your resume in English. We will carefully review your application and get in touch, if we believe you could be a good fit for the role.
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]