FX Institutional Sales Trader
As one of the world’s leading Market Making firms, we at Optiver pride ourselves on our ability to improve the market by providing liquidity in all market conditions. In order to grow our market making reach, we have begun trading directly with end users in the FX Options space and are looking for an experienced and dynamic Sales Trader to join our team.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
As one of the world’s major financial centres, London was selected as the home of Optiver’s FX Option trading business, our UK-focused Institutional Trading Team and rapidly growing commodities trading arm. Optiver UK is located in a city that bridges European, Asian and American time zones, connecting our regional offices and embracing a truly global mindset. With more than 270 nationalities and 300 languages, London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, and is home to some of the best museums, a thriving international restaurant scene and bustling high streets that attract people from all over the globe.
What you’ll do:
At Optiver we look for entrepreneurs to help us expand our solutions and help us build the infrastructure to be successful. The ideal candidate will have experience building relationships within the FX Option space with strong selling capabilities. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a big impact to our Sales Trading team by driving revenue and building out our market participant network.
Specifically, you will be responsible (in varying degrees) for:
- Marketing & Events: Working with our communications team to organise events, branding, and create opportunities to establish new counterparties for Optiver.
- Relationship Management: You will be expected to open and acquire new relationships in FX Options and to actively engage with colleagues in other asset classes to identify and share relationship opportunities. You’ll manage these effectively and handle conflicts constructively, all while gaining information and maximising returns and trade execution.
- Operational Work: using your knowledge of products and markets Optiver operates in, you will stay on top of developments and trends in their market. You will relay information on product demand, competition and market trends to counterparties and internally.
- System Improvement: use your knowledge of applications and analysis tools to suggest improvement, efficiencies and compile reports.
- Compliance: Act with integrity within Optiver’s strategic framework plus know the rules and product specifications of all products you trade.
- Procedures & Documentation: carry out administration professionally and create written resources for the business as an expert in your field.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years’ experience in a sales trading or sales associate role, with a focus on FX
- Strong knowledge about the FX market in general and FX Options market in particular
- Existing contacts within the FX market and the ability to rapidly build a book of counterparties from industry contacts
- Willingness to travel and meet face to face with prospective and current counterparties
- Strong communication skills and self-assurance
- Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Deep understanding of rules and regulations governing the markets we trade
What’s in it for you?
At Optiver UK, you will be part of a well-established and high-performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grow, the opportunity to make a global impact and take your career to a new level expands with it. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits Include:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days (plus UK public holidays)
- Daily onsite breakfast and lunch
- Paid commuting expenses (home to office)
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training, conference attendance and continuous learning opportunities
- International transfer opportunities
How To Apply:
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Should there be a potential match, a member of our team will reach out sooner rather than later. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.