Technology Risk Manager
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,400 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Technology Risk Manager, you will join our fast-paced Sydney office to improve our IT risk and control processes. You'll be given the opportunity to influence the design and governance of our framework, and will have a strong focus in identifying IT risks.
In addition, you'll also:
- Define the IT risk management and assurance strategy across the APAC region, working collaboratively with our global offices.
- Drive the incident management process and manage the reporting and investigation of risk incidents, ensuring appropriate escalation and remediation in partnership with the control owners’ teams.
- Undertake in-depth control assessments on topical issues, working with control owners to preemptively manage and mitigate risks in their areas.
- Drive the IT assurance activities for all control functions, ensuring rotational reviews are completed on time, and actions and remediation items are addressed promptly.
- Balance delivery with the operational assurance needed to maintain a healthy operational environment.
- Develop fluency with existing systems, infrastructure and procedures, and proactively improve them.
- Drive risk-based initiatives across the firm to understand and mitigate automated risks, trade reconciliation risks and operational risks.
- Own and drive improvements to the business resilience plan.
WHO YOU ARE
Optiver needs our next Technology Risk Manager to be someone with:
- A strong IT background, with 10+ years' experience in an IT operations environment, ideally within the financial markets industry.
- Experience in an infrastructure engineering role is an added bonus.
- Experience managing line 1 and/or line 2 operational risk.
- Experience in delivering IT risk and assurance programs.
- Analyse risks that span multiple departments and teams with significant uncertainty.
- Influence and build trusted relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Introduce and improve risk management practices that optimise delivery.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment.
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements.
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities.
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages.
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista.
- Regular social events including an annual company trip.
- A work-from-home allowance and support.
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued, and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.