Senior Trading GUI Engineer
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With our focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our Options IT team builds and maintains our critical core applications. This includes trading strategy development, auto-trader implementation, pre-post trade analysis, risk management, and enabling our traders to visualise the market activity through high performance UIs. The Options IT team is looking for a Senior GUI Engineer to collaborate with traders and engineers to build cutting edge, advanced, low latency trading UIs. This is a fast-paced, high impact role, where you can expect to:
- Enhance user experience by developing intuitive, end-to-end, interactive UI’s, that leverage our internal framework and can be scaled across many dimensions.
- Promote and drive innovation by actively advocating for API improvements, reusability of components and ultimate performance.
- Set the architectural direction for parts of our system and take responsibility for the delivery of large, cross-functional projects.
- Build partnerships across the business to ensure we're feeding the best ideas into our solutions.
- Combine mentoring and leadership with your own hands-on contributions.
WHO YOU ARE
Optiver needs our next Senior Software Engineer to be someone with:
- Extensive experience developing real-time, performant and ergonomic user interfaces, preferably in C# on WPF/WinForms.
- Ability to build efficient, highly optimised frameworks that resonate at a high level of abstraction.
- Prior involvement in projects from start to finish – responsible for project scope definition, development, maintenance, system support of existing in-house systems and confident in making recommendations on solutions.
- Someone who has an appreciation for quality code, performance optimisation and best practices.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment.
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements.
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities.
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages.
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities.
- Regular social events including an annual company trip.
- A work-from-home allowance and support.
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.